It is important and a basic need to stay protected while networking. Your router can provide you much-needed security through wireless security options. What you require is to go through the default available wireless security option in your router. In addition, take a look at customized wireless security that can benefit you in long term. It guides you while connecting to other wireless devices with your network. In case, you are not sure about what wireless setting your Belkin routers to have? In that case, our today’s blog will let you know more. There are 3 types of wireless settings available in Belkin router. SSID (Wireless network name), Wireless security mode & Pre-shared key (PSK). Go through our blog & learn what wireless settings are required for devices to attach to your wireless network. This process will take place via Belkin router login. Before you proceed further, ensure router is ON & is attached to the computer via router Ethernet port.
Steps to Check Belkin Router Wireless Setting
- Open a web browser & enter Belkin router IP address 192.168.2.1, into browser address bar. Press enter after entering IP address for Belkin router Login.
- In case, you are not sure about IP address then contact our experts on the toll-free number.
- Next, you will see a prompt window, asking for login credentials. Here, enter your router admin Password & then press Submit button. In case, you didn’t setup customized router password earlier, then leave blank password box.
- Click on Channel and SSID on left routing section.
- Search for SSID & note down it. It is a name of your wireless network.
- Want to make any modification in your Network SSID? Do not forget to click on Apply Changes. This will save fresh network name.
- Check your Broadcast SSID in wireless devices way for discovering a wireless network of Belkin router.
- If you have Dual band router then, 5GHz band’s SSID is also your network’s name.
- Tick on Security on the left routing panel.
- Look for Pre-shared Key (PSK) & note it down. It will serve as a password for connecting wireless devices & computers with the network. Don’t Forget to Note down Security Mode.
- If you tick the Obscure PSK option then, it will bury Key’s characters. In case, you want to view it, simply unchecked the box beside it.
- Experts suggest to note down Belkin router wireless settings, as per given because of case sensitivity.
Get Expert Advice Round the Clock
We have provided essentials information for Belkin wireless security. In case of any confusion or query, feel free to call our experts. We are providing support for routers & extenders. If you face any difficulty during above mention steps or during Belkin router login, simply contact our team. We have an active team working round the clock. You can do live interaction with the team via Live chat support window. If you wish to share any feedback with the team then post it in comment box. Team will revert back to you at the earliest.